To incorporate strategies of integrated mosquito control management that are effective, practical, environmentally safe and protect the health of Richmond County residents. In addition, to prioritize public education to give citizens the knowledge they need to be our partners in personal protection from mosquitoes. We serve to prevent large biting mosquito populations and the diseases that they transmit.
- Education & Outreach
- Mosquito and Tick Surveillance
- Integrated Mosquito Management
- Detention & Retention Pond Inspections
- 311 Customer Requests for Mosquito Assessments
- Tire Clean-Up & Property Inspections
- Neglected Swimming Pool Inspections
Important Mosquito Information:
- Mosquitoes lay their eggs in standing water. To keep populations low, please remove standing water in your yard and local parks if possible. Dump bird baths once per week, dump wheelbarrows, tires, and kiddy pools after rains, etc. Water collected in a bottle cap can produce mosquitoes, so every bit of water helps!
- Wear repellants that contain DEET or Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus to protect yourself from mosquitoes effectively.
- Avoid activity at dusk as most mosquito species are most active during this time.
- Wear protective, lightweight long sleeves and pants to protect yourself from mosquito bites.
Check back for announcements for upcoming appearances of RCMC at local events!
LINKS TO WEBSITES