Together We Can Make a Difference
To coordinate strategies for Tobacco Use Prevention and Control, which will change attitudes, knowledge and beliefs regarding the adverse consequences associated with tobacco products, provide assistance on policy development and serve as a resource center for tobacco issues.
To recruit, develop and work with local coalitions, community agencies / organizations, state and national partners to achieve the following:
- Prevent initiation of tobacco use among youth
- Eliminate exposure to secondhand smoke
- Promote quitting among adults and youth
- Identify and eliminate disparities among all populations
Community-based program provides tobacco use prevention advocacy tools, education, training, cessation and resources throughout the East Central Health District.
- Clean Indoor Air Policy Development
- Speakers Bureau
- Classroom presentations available for schools (all ages)
- Faith-based services
- Worksite Program (education, cessation, and policy development)
- Educational resources
- Youth Initiatives
***Click here for 2013 Tobacco Disparities Data Summary***