The vision of Georgia Oral Health is to provide complete dental care for children and limited care for adults who
- cannot access a private dentist
- do not have the financial means or transportation to go to dentist
- have no local dentist who will see them or accept Medicaid/Peachcare
Dental services offered @ ECHD Check-ups, Cleanings, Fluoride Treatments, Sealants, Fillings, Extractions, X-rays
Who is eligible to receive dental care?
- Children 1 year to 21 years of age
- Pregnant women
- Adults on an emergency basis
- Employees and their immediate families
How much does it cost
- Fees are based on income
- We accept Medicaid/Peachcare
Where are the Dental Clinics?
- Richmond Co. Health Department, 950 Laney Walker, Augusta (706-721-5891)
- Tri-County Health Services in Warrenton( 706-465-3253)
- Summer Clinic’s at Burke & Wilkes Co. Health Departments
What’s new in East Central Public Dental Health program?
- Fluoride Varnish – improved protection from decay (fact sheet)
- Employee Care
- Care for employees, their spouses & their children at Richmond Co. Clinic
- Basic dental treatment
- Tooth whitening
What other dental programs does Public Health offer?
- Dental Health Education for 1st, 3rd,and 5th graders
- Fluoride Mouth Rinse Programs in Rural Schools
What are mobile dental clinics?
- Trailers that are a fully functioning dental office
- Child friendly staff & decorations make it easy to complete dental care on elementary school children
- They move from school to school treating the children in most need