PT Financial Service Worker
- Position is located in Augusta, GA and does not offer relocation assistance. Must be within a reasonable commuting distance.
The East Central Health District is the lead agency entrusted by the people of the state of Georgia with the ultimate responsibility for the health of communities and the entire population.
The agency is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Finance Clerk 3 – Part Time.
Work hours: Mon 9-2, Tues, Wed, Thurs 8-5 Fri – Off
- Job Responsibilities
- Under broad supervision, provides clerical support and financial processing for an assigned financial, tax or accounting related function. Prepares or analyzes data or statistics for reports, establishes or updates accounts, advises clients, prepares billing and financial reports and performs financial transactions and related bookkeeping functions for assigned area. May act as lead worker.
- Generates billing reports in electronic system, reconciles, and corrects errors as needed for Medicaid, Medicare, and 3rd party billing.
- Assist in providing guidance to County Health Departments as it relates to patient registration, updating demographics, entering insurance, collecting fee’s, and posting of payments into the electronic medical record.
- Analyzes billing data and prepares reports, send invoices/RA break outs to Accounting.
- Quality Assurance audits for County Health Departments.
- Follow up & collect on unpaid claims by contacting payer or working correspondence.
- Develop an action plan to work claims by outstanding days.
- Rebill as needed ensuring timelines
- Minimum Qualifications
- Required Qualifications:
High school diploma or GED AND Two years of related experience maintaining billing records, claims, statements and/or reports OR One year of experience required at the lower level (FIS011) or position equivalent.
- Three years of related experience maintaining billing records, claims, statements, 3rd party insurance, Medicaid, and Medicare
- Experience with electronic medical records
- Experience in verifying insurance, co-pay and coinsurance
- Skilled in the area of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience working in different web browsers, specially Mozilla Firefox
- Experience working in a busy work environment.
- Possess good time management skills, can handle / prioritize multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Experience working with the public; with excellent customer service skills;
- General math skills
- Thoroughness, quality focus
- Must be a motivated, self started
- Ability to complete work timely
- Excellent verbal / listening skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work with constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of GRITS and Medical Web Portal
- EMR Champion with end-user experience.
- Additional Information
- Georgia Department of Public Health Commissioner and leaders encourages all employees to engage in regular wellness activities and to make lifestyle choices that promote health and well-being.
The use of wellness breaks during the workday is authorized to support this philosophy and assist employees in meeting their wellness goals. A maximum of 30 minutes in a given workday may be used to engage in wellness activities, generally in the form of two 15-minute breaks or one 30-minute break.
Current State employees are subject to State Personnel Board rules regarding salary.
DPH accepts educational credential recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE) will be considered. DPH will contact educational institutions to verify degree, diploma, licensure, etc.
The candidate selected for this position may be subject to pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check.
As an employee of DPH, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.
If you require accommodations under the American Disability Act (ADA), email request by the closing date of this announcement to: DPH-HR@dph.ga.gov.
DPH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.