What is an STD?
STD stands for Sexually Transmitted Disease.
How do you get an STD?
You can get a sexually transmitted disease:
- If you have sex (oral, vaginal, or anal) with someone that has a STD
- If you do not use a latex condom every time you have sex
- If you or your sex partner have more than one sex partner
Is there a cure or treatment?
- Some STDs are CURABLE with adequate treatment.
- Some STDs are TREATABLE, but NOT CURABLE.
- STDS can be prevented
What STDs are curable?
What STDs are NOT curable ?
Who can get STDs?
ANYONE can get A STD!!!
Why should people get tested?
- Testing will let you know if you have a STD
- Testing will make you aware and hopefully prevent you from infecting your sex partner or baby with a STD
WHERE CAN YOU GET TESTED/TREATED IN EAST CENTRAL HEALTH DISTRICT ?
- All 13 East Central Health District Health Departments
- Private doctors offices
- Planned Parenthood
- Community health centers
- Substance abuse centers